Emily 1st President Speech on 11 July 2011

When I joined Toastmasters 4 years ago, my only dream was to be able to speak proper English. After I became a club officer I learned about leadership. My love of learning has prompted me to become the president today. That was the goal I set 4 years ago. There’s still much more to learn and I will follow my dream to achieve my new desire goal.

My mission statement for this term is: Commit with Passion. Although the main focus is to uphold Crystal’s Legacy which includes achieving President’s Distinguished Club with perfect 10. It is also equally important to promote new ideas to our members and in addition, help them to achieve their goals, dreams and to rewrite their destiny.

My message to all members: Follow your own path and believe in yourself and your reason for joining Toastmasters. Dr. Ralph Smedley , the founder of Toastmasters said it so aptly in these immortal words - “We work together to bring out the best in each of us, and then we apply our skills to help others.” To manifest this aspiration we need 'commitment' and ‘passion’. And our tag line for this term “Commit with Passion” echoes this sentiment.

Before I conclude, on behalf of my new Exco team, I would like to share with you our mission in this new term. Beside Youth Leadership Program, we have also lined up activities such as Workshop with Saw Bee, “How to handle Objections” (Sept 2011), Joint meeting with the whole Division B, with 5 clubs combine (Feb 2012) and extra meeting with ACM (Nov &Dec 2011)

I believe all these activities are beneficial to our club and members. In addition, it will also create opportunities for our members to know more members from other clubs.

Well, fellow Toastmasters, I am committed to serve you and I will do my utmost in all my undertakings.

Last but not least, I am grateful to all my ladies friends I have found in Crystal. At this moment, they are watching me ‘grow ' and guiding me so that i can improve by quantum leaps as a leader and communicator.

Thank you very much for trusting me and your continuously support!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stand Out. Shine. Be Colourful

Crystallizing A Dream